Friday, July 14, 2017

Hand foot and mouth oh my

Well it looks like Nolan's mouth sore was in fact hand foot and mouth and not just a canker sore. On Thursday, Eliza and I both came down with symptoms of hand foot and mouth. We both have sores in all three places. I definitely understand the pain Nolan was experiencing in his mouth the past few days and why he didn't want to eat or drink. I'm currently in the same boat and having pain eating and drinking too.

I always heard about other friend's and their children getting hfm but like with other things in life, until you experience it yourself, it's hard to understand what it's really like. Now I know, and it isn't fun. It's a slow healing process too. Some days this week it felt as if time was standing still a bit. All I wanted was for all of us to feel healthy and pain free so that we can get back to all the fun things we like to do together. 

I've spent much of my time at home this week reading parenting articles and talking to other Moms about parenting and how they manage and balance everything. I'll admit lately it feels like I'm sinking and can't keep my head above the water. When I look around, it seems like all these other Moms and their families have it all together. 

My one friend shared this analogy with me and I wanted to share it. She said "My answer to whenever someone asks how I handle work and motherhood and school my answer is always "I'm like a duck. I look calm on top of the water but underneath I'm paddling like crazy". That's exactly how I'm feeling lately. Paddling like crazy to try and keep up with life. 

If this weeks illness and having two babies close in age has taught me one thing this year, it is to let go and realize everything in life isn't in my control. I'm trying to see the positives that the tough times in motherhood teach us. I'm learning to be more patient than I ever imagined I'd have to be. Hopefully after some more rest this weekend we will start to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frequently viewed posts