Wednesday, May 17, 2017

What life is really like with a toddler and a baby

I have lots of friends due with their second baby in June. With that in mind, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learned in the past 8 months of having a baby and a toddler. I came across this article the other day, and I felt like it was pretty spot on. Click here  to read it. I feel like it explains well what life is like right now and the ups and downs that happen each day.

Recently someone asked me if I had the whole two kid thing figured out yet. That got me thinking how I absolutely don't have it figured out yet and how I don't think I will ever "figure" out parenting. Raising children is a continuous process. Certain things will get easier while other things will get harder. In any given day things go well, things fall apart, and then everything comes back together again. Having children has made me realize that I need to try and let go of my perfectionist type tendencies and just focus on what is really important in life. I find I'm trying to let go of small things and enjoy life in a more minimalist lifestyle. 

Before I was a Mom, I never realized how much goes into being a Mom and how much I could laugh, smile, and cry all in one day. It's all so bittersweet and going by too quickly. Thinking of all my friends transitioning into families of four soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frequently viewed posts