Thursday, December 31, 2015
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
2. Explore the world. Pack your bags and travel. Travel as much as you can. Do something new. Go somewhere new. Heck, live somewhere new. The more you see of the world, the more your perspective about life changes (in such a positive way). You learn about yourself, different views, people and cultures -- but more importantly you get outside of your comfort zone. When you get outside of that comfortable place, you give yourself the opportunity to break free of any limitations and live life to the fullest. It's a feeling that is indescribable, a feeling that will awaken your soul, and once you feel it, you'll never be the same again.
3. Cultivate relationships that make you a better person. One of the phrases my mother and grandmother used to always say was, "Tell me who you're with and I'll tell you who you are." Time is precious, the present moment is a gift, and if you spend it with people who bring you down, you will feel constricted, bitter and hopeless. Surround yourself with those individuals who inspire you, who push you to be the best version of yourself and motivate you to live an authentic life.
4. Find your purpose and live it. There's a voice deep inside you that will guide you along your journey. Be silent enough to really hear what it is trying to tell you. It is there to help you find your purpose, to point you in the right direction and lead you in making life decisions that are best for you. Don't let outside factors deter you from what you know in your heart is true. When you finally hear the message, listen to it and live your life fulfilling it.
5. Forgive others and yourself. There are going to be times when people will disappoint you, hurt you and let you down. Truth is, you too will hurt others and do things that you won't always be proud of. We are all human; we make mistakes and need to try to find it in our hearts to forgive. Forgive them, forgive yourself and understand that holding on to the anger of what was done only poisons YOUR body and soul. When you learn to let go, you take power back into your own hands, living in kindness and love.
6. Wait for true love -- don't settle. As cliché as this one might be, the truth is that it's better to be alone for the right reasons than with someone for the wrong ones. You might feel that you are on a time-crunch to find love, get married or have children, but please don't settle for someone just because society tells you you are getting old. Wait for someone who will be your partner in life, a best friend, someone who respects you, accepts you and loves you for who you are. Know what you are looking for, so that when they walk into your life you will finally understand why it didn't work out with anyone else.
7. Make a life that is yours. We have the opportunity to live a life that is ours, filled with endless opportunities. We have the chance to experience ANYTHING we want to, as long as we are willing to TRY. Travel, move, laugh, cry, learn, teach, love, inspire, dream. Live a life that you are proud of, one that is worth living, one that you can reflect on when you are old and gray and say... "Wow! That was one hell of a ride."
I really love a lot of the points she made. These were great reminders for me, and I also think they are great lessons to teach Nolan. I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful New Year full of health, happiness, and love. I can't wait to see what adventures will take place this year.
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Sunday, December 27, 2015
Thursday, December 24, 2015
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Monday, December 21, 2015
Frequently viewed posts
It was Saturday morning January 9th, and I decided to take a pregnancy test. I had had one cycle in early November which was my first since ...
Here we are ten months later, starting over on my third round of medication. I know that things could be much worse so I'm trying to st...
I've put this day off for a couple years now. I know it might seem weird to be somewhat excited for a surgery but this was something I c...
What a year! 2015 was the year I became a Mom, and something I will remember forever. April 22, 2015 at 10:47am was without a doubt the high...
I started having some early signs of labor after my 38 week doctors appointment. I had lots of Braxton hicks contractions, backaches, some c...